Solar Panel Cleaning
From the Pros at Solar Max
Solar Panel Cleaning Services from Solar Max
Dirty solar panels always produce less electricity than clean panels, which is why solar panel cleaning is an essential component of any solar maintenance program. Our maintenance team is available to clean solar panel arrays on homes, businesses, or large ground mount systems. As a part of the cleaning service, we perform a visual inspection of the solar array to make sure that everything appears to be in good working order.
PV panel performance can degrade by as much as 20% without adequate cleaning. To maintain optimal energy production, solar arrays require periodic solar panel cleanings especially in areas of high airborne particulates (dust, exhaust, coastal salts, organic debris, industrial processes).
Trust the Experts at SolarMax
Solar panel cleaning is critical to maintaining solar system performance.
- Surface of solar modules to be visually inspected prior to cleaning. All accumulated debris to be removed from array surface.
- Spray down all solar modules with water at minimal pressure. (No high pressure washers are to be used.)
- Water to be conditioned through water softener prior to application. This is done to minimize mineral deposit.
- In heavy soil situations a soft bristle automotive style brush to be used to break free accumulated soil on surface of solar modules. Brushes are designed to avoid causing micro fractures or scratches on surface of solar modules.
The typical cleaning services includes the following.
- No chemicals or abrasive cleaning are applied to solar modules during the cleaning process.
- Inspect site prior to work being performed. Note any hazardous conditions.
- Cover all electrical equipment, i.e. inverters and combiner boxes, beneath area to be cleaned with tarps prior to cleaning.
- Use of aerial man lift where required to reach surface of solar modules to be cleaned.
Take the first step in going solar today
Call SolarMax today or fill out some info to get started